Combine all ingredients and mix well.
When dissolved, filter.
- Bring sections to water with xylene and ethanol.
- Stain the nuclei with an Alum hematoxylin, and blue.
- Rinse with water.
- Dip a few times into the solution.
- Quickly rinse with water.
- Dehydrate with ethanol, clear with xylene and mount with a resinous medium.
- Nuclei – blue
- Background – red of differing shades
- The amounts given are for 100% dye content. Adjust as necessary.
- Biebrich scarlet is not Biological Stain Commission certified.
Adjust the content empirically if necessary.
- Acetic acid is not added.
- Staining is done with a few dips. Determine the number by trial.
G. W. Gill.
Last updated January 2019