For those who would like to read StainsFile in a language other than English, Google has a free translation service. It must be remembered, however, that machine translations may not be very accurate and often fail with colloquial expressions, making the translation difficult to understand. When this is coupled with the different grammatical constructions used in different languages, it becomes clear that automatic translations can only give a broad outline of the sense of the page.
To use this translation service, do the following:
- Copy the url from the browser window onto the clipboard. The browser window is the white bar near the top of the screen, often with the word Go immediately next to it on the right. Place the mouse cursor in the window and press the left mouse button. Then hold down the ctrl key and press the C key at the same time.
- Select the text Google Translate in the box to the right. Place the mouse cursor over the text and press the left mouse button.
- The Google Translate web site should be displayed.
- Place the mouse cursor in the white box outlined in black and press the left mouse button. Then hold down the ctrl key and press the V key at the same time. The page url should now be in the box.
- Do not change the From language box. Leave it set to English.
- Change the To language box to the language you want for the translation. This is a drop down list, and if the language you want is not on the list, it means it is not available.
- Press the Translate button.
- The translation will appear after a short wait. If you wish, you may copy the translation into a word processor for future reference.
Last updated January 2019.