General Oversight stain
|Make the diluted solution just before using.|
Helly or neutral buffered formalin fixed tissue are recommended. Thin (3µ) sections are desirable.
- Bring sections to water with xylene and ethanol.
- Rinse well with distilled water.
- Place into working Giemsa for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Rinse with tap water water and check staining microscopically.
- Differentiate with colophonium solution until colour contrast is satisfactory.
Control microscopically. If a film develops renew the colophonium solution.
- Rinse several times with rinse solution. Do not allow to dry.
- Rinse several times with xylene. Do not allow to dry.
- Mount with a synthetic resinous medium.
- Nuclei – blue-purple
- Cytoplasm – pink
Putt, F.A., (1972)
Manual of histopathological staining methods
John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA
Last updated January 2010.